Fashion & lifestyle

Sunday 4 June 2017

How To Make Your Shoot Days As Seamless As Possible In Collaboration With Miss Pap

Having been blogging for over two years now I have done my fair share of shoots, some inside, outside, good, bad, fast, short you name it I’ve done it. Shoot days can either be seamless or the day from hell, so I’m going to share my top tips in making sure your shoot day goes as well as possible.

1. Positive state of mind 
Believe me walking into a shoot feeling pumped and motivated is going to come across far better than you feeling uninspired and moody.  There is no hiding your bad mood when you have a camera snapping your face left, right and center. On a few occasions, I have gone into a shoot expecting the worst and then got the worst, you need to be open-minded and ready to work, you may have a good photographer but they can only help you to a certain extent the rest is up to you.




2. Preparation is key
Arriving at your location, getting into position, camera on and bang ‘memory card full’ or ‘low battery’ this is possibly the most annoying thing and it has happened to everyone at least enough times for me to learn from anyway! when I have a shoot scheduled I always make sure I have my camera battery charged and my memory card wiped the night before to minimize stress on the day. I have learned from past experiences technology is never the most reliable when you find yourself dealing with it in a rush. However, if you work with a photographer who brings their own equipment then you can skip this, however, my dad is my number one photo taker!


3. Plan your outfits prior to the shoot day
When shooting multiple outfits on one day I like to lay everything out on my bedroom floor so I can see what is going with what. I make piles of outfits including shoes and accessories and then put them in a small suitcase to keep them clean. The times I used to just pile all my clothes into the boot of my car and end up leaving a shoe behind or an important accessory.


4. Tell your photographer what you want so you don't go home dissapointed 
Now I don’t mean scream a million different things at your photographer,  just talk about the angles you want your pictures taking and what bits you want to be focusing on. This minimizes a lot of un-suitable shots and lessens the chance of you being unhappy with the outcome, remember the photograper probably isnt going to be a mind reader.

  5. Make sure you are looking and feeling your best
Standing having a tonne of pictures taken of just yourself can be a pretty big deal so for me personally I always like to fake tan when I know I have a shoot coming up just so I have a more healthy glow in my pictures, and when I have the time I like to curl my hair as again it adds more depth to the images and adds more detail. I always like the outcome more if I personally feel comfortable with my appearance and I have taken care of all the small details like painting my nails. All of these small details add up to your final product which you want to be best it can be.



If you have any other tips it would be great if you could leave them below as I am still on a huge learning curve. And I hope this has helped any newbie bloggers as I don’t want you making the same mistakes that I did.

Feel free to shop this post below and get 10% off Miss Pap with the code 'HOLLY10'


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig