Fashion & lifestyle

Sunday 8 May 2016

Inside My Wardrobe And Personal Style

Fashion has always been an interest of mine, and over the past few years of studying it, it has become even more apparent to me that fashion is a whole new world that excites me. Trend forecasting, seeing what’s popping up on catwalks and watching new season colors burst into all of our favorite stores.


The clothes we wear do to some extent represent us; we all have our own personal style whether this be wearing all black everything, to girly dresses and heels along with anything in between. The main thing I focus on when styling myself and giving others advice is confidence. If you don't feel confident and comfortable in the clothes you wear then why are you wearing them? 

My wardrobe

An overview of my wardrobe consists of a more neutral color palette, I find bright colors and patterns very intimidating to wear and style so I usually steer away from them. If someone asked me what color I wear the most on a day-to-day basis I would have to say white. Over the years I seem to have accumulated a wide variety of white blouses, dressy tops, camies etc etc.  white is a very pure color and goes with pretty much everything. As some of you may know my statement piece of clothing is a trench coat whether this be a light weight or heavy weight one, I love the effortless glamour they give off. I aim for a very easy to wear yet chic style. 
I will be the first to put my hand up and claim I am a fan of wearing very similar clothes, which actually makes me wonder if fashion blogging is the thing for me! But this is what I feel comfortable in,I will to talk more about my " fashion aspirations " later on. 
I feel another reason it can be hard to find clothes is body image. Over the years I have learnt to embrace my body because at the end of the day this is what I was born with this is me. I feel it can be to easy to fall into the daily rut of finding anything to throw on that covers up your body. Learning to embrace your body for who you are will make shopping for clothes a whole lot easier.

Trends

Trends can be very hit or miss, some really jump out to me and make me hunt slimmer garments down asap, wear as some I completely avoid. Knowing your style and embracing it is the key to finding the right trends for you. The majority of my style inspiration comes from just walking down the street what are others wearing? And how can I adapt that style to fit me. I very rarely take fashion inspiration from celebrities I'm a lot more interested in what other bloggers are wearing especially Sophie Milner aka Fashion slave and chelcienicolem.

Fashion Aspirations

Like I said before I definitely get stuck in the routine of wearing the same old clothes that I feel comfortable in but sometimes I feel I do need to step out of the comfort zone just a fraction. Last week actually put this into practice and picked up a pair of culottes, something I wouldn't have even laid my eyes on before. I'm hoping to style them up and share with you how I embraced something new. 
Throughout the next season I would love to purchase some slightly brighter pieces I'm not talking anything to out of the ordinary just something with a bit more color or pattern. I would also like to try some sharper shapes and tailoring and get out of the black skinny jean comfort zone!


Thank you for reading! 


SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig