Fashion & lifestyle

Sunday 18 June 2017

So here goes! My first ever beauty edit

As a few of you may know I am not the most knowledgeable of girls when it comes to the beauty world and my style of makeup is very minimal. However, when I received an email from Cohorted I couldn’t turn down this month's amazing bunch of products to try. Like I said I am no beauty expert, however, I will give my honest opinion within this review as to what I thought of each product.
For those of you that have never heard of Cohorted they are a beauty box subscription company that put together monthly boxes of high-end products for their beauty lovers to try, at a compressed price. Just a few of the brands that you can expect to see in a Cohorted beauty box are Mac, Dior, Too Faced and Hourglass.  Just a quick touch on the money side of things this box is sold at £35 yet the box value is £92! Who doesn’t love a £57 saving?! Not only that, Cohorted offer a free standard delivery service so there is no need to waste extra money that could have been spent on more makeup!

The box I received came with four products, firstly,
The Belleapierre glowing palette, I must say I have never actually heard of the Belleapierre brand, however, looking into their brand values and fellow products it is certainly a new brand of interest for me, as all of their products are natural and mineral based which offers that more natural look that I love. The palette consists of six illuminating shades with something for every skin tone, the buildable coverage is perfect for every makeup taste, as it allows you to apply as little or as much product as you desire without any instant cakiness! The shades are very pigmented and do have a very high-end feel. This palette is retailed at £40 which is more than the whole beauty box costs itself!

Secondly, I received another one of Belleapierre’s products in a lip crème form, this lip crème is retailed at £20 and states that it is kiss proof, although I didn’t actually test this theory out as I don’t think my boyfriend would be too keen on the thought of potential pink lips! but I do have to say the product does stick to the lips straight away. I found this product to be a little sticky on the lips at first, however once left to dry it really didn’t budge for a considerable amount of time and I do believe it would be kiss proof!

The next item bought a huge pop of color to the box, this bright pink nail polish from Kure Bazaar, A brand that really has hit the nail on the head with their bright range of summer shades, some that have even been spotted on Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss at various fashion weeks! The ‘GLAM’ shade is aimed at all skin tones and offers a high shine finish.

Lastly, for the product
I was most excited about, which is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, after reading so many positive reviews about this product I have been yet to try it for a while now and I must say I'm a little annoyed that I didn’t try this sooner! Girls trust me on this one, this will be your new go-to mascara! It made my lashes longer and thicker looking than ever before and I will certainly be buying the full-size version asap!

I have fully enjoyed trying out all of the above products and I feel the best part about this box is the chance it gives you to discover new high-end brands that you should really be giving a chance.



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love this post! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    Xx,
    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig